Renting a dumpster is an easy and efficient way to get rid of all of the junk that has been hiding in your garage or basement without the hassle of loading and unloading all of it at a dump and having to make multiple trips in order to do so. Spring cleaning is a great time to devote to clearing away any old, broken or unused items.
In fact, there are many benefits to de-cluttering. A cleaner, more minimalist space means less stress, less distraction and more appreciation for the items you love. Here are a few ways you can save money on your dumpster rental:
- Contact Local Dumpster Rental Company Directly. Although you may save some time by choosing a dumpster rental service through a website that connects you with what you need, this type of service will cost you a lot more than if you had contacted a local dumpster rental company directly. Afterall, this business needs to make money too, so they will naturally have to charge you more for the rental in order to make a profit.
- Choose a Dumpster Rental Company in your Area. Some rental companies will include a fuel surcharge. In order to minimize this fee, choose a company in your area.
- Load the Junk Yourself. Some dumpster rental companies will allow you to load the junk into the bin yourself for a cheaper rate. Take advantage of this option and save yourself a little cash in the process.
- Follow the Rules to Avoid Extra Charges. To make sure you don’t end up paying any additional charges, ensure that you are aware of all of the rules first. For example, overloading a dumpster, mixing debris, keeping the dumpster longer than the permitted time are some examples of how additional charges can quickly add up.
- Consider Sharing a Dumpster with a Neighbour. This can potentially cut the cost of your dumpster rental in half. This is especially ideal if you only have a small amount of junk to get rid of.
- Avoid Putting Rocks in the Dumpster. Since dumpsters typically charge a fee based on weight, it is best to avoid putting heavy and unnecessary items, like rocks, in the dumpster.
- Avoid the Rain. Rain water can add a lot of unnecessary weight to your bin, especially if items like mattresses end up soaking up a lot of the water. Keep an eye on the weekly forecast to ensure that you rent your dumpster during optimal weather conditions. Alternatively, consider placing a tarp over the dumpster if the rain is unavoidable.
If you are interested in getting rid of junk and decluttering your home, consider RedBins. We can do all of the heavy lifting for you or you can rent one of our bins and do it yourself at a cheaper rate! We offer a hassle-free, low price guarantee. Contact us today for more information.