When it comes to spring cleaning, it’s easy to get into a rut. We often rely on inefficient cleaning methods simply because we have been doing them for years. Perhaps this year, however, you will consider adding some of these new spring cleaning ideas into your repertoire. They will make your tasks a lot easier and will significantly cut down on your spring cleaning time!
- Clean Microwave without any Scrubbing. Mix water and vinegar in a bowl. Turn the microwave on for ten minutes and then remove the bowl and wipe the microwave down with a cloth. The steam will loosen any leftover food particles and make cleaning the microwave a breeze.
- Compost Yard Waste. Put leaves, branches, cuttings and mulch from last season into your compost. To speed up decomposition, shred leaves and cut branches that are ½ inch in diameter. Alternatively, add a bagged compost starter. Keep it moist and aerate it with a pitch fork every two weeks.
- Clean Burners without Scrubbing. Place burners in a sealed, ziplock bag along with ¼ cup of ammonia. Leave them overnight and then wipe burners down with a sponge.
- Get Brand New Blinds. Soak blinds in the bathtub with bleach (or vinegar) and water. They will look brand new after without barely lifting a finger!
- Remove Hard Water Stains on Faucets with Lemon. Hard water stains are notoriously difficult to get rid of. Cut a lemon in half and use it to rub the hard water stains off of your faucets in a snap.
- Rent a Junk Removal Bin. Instead of hauling bags of junk to the dump, you can simply fill a junk removal bin. Fill it with everything, including winter debris like fallen branches or broken sheds. You can fill it with any junk from the winter season that may be hiding in your garage and basement, including broken bicycles or old patio furniture.
If you are interested in getting rid of junk and decluttering your home just in time for spring, consider RedBins. We can do all of the heavy lifting for you or you can rent one of our bins and do it yourself! We offer a hassle-free, low price guarantee. Contact us today for more. You will be amazed at how fresh and clean your home feels once all of that junk is gone.